Is it time to pay some attention to your LinkedIn profile? An up to date, complete and optimised profile can help you attract prospects via LinkedIn and Google Search.
Here are 5 tips you can do today to improve your profile:
1) Upload a good quality head and shoulders shot. LinkedIn is a business site so your photo needs to be professional. Head and shoulders essential as people like to know what a person looks like before they talk or connect with them.
2) Customise your LinkedIn public profile URL. A unique URL is neater, looks good on business cards and helps you show up in LinkedIn and Google Searches. Watch this video to learn how to change it: How to change your LinkedIn profile address….
3) Add 3 meaningful links to your websites. Is your website displayed as a bland ‘Company website’? Your link should be displayed as calls to actions or brand names and you can have 3. Find out how to do this in here: Optimise your LinkedIn web links.
4) Include key words in your Summary and Experience. To improve the chances of your profile showing up in LinkedIn and Google Search results ensure that relevant key words are added to your Summary and Experience sections. To find appropriate key words use the Google’s Adwords Tool.
5) Choose your correct industry. It’s easy to miss but after your location you can display your industry. If you’ve changed career have you updated it? To do so select Edit Profile then the pencil edit symbol to the left of location.