January is usually a quiet time in the world of social media and it can be tough to come up with content for blog posts. The start of a new year is the time for looking ahead, for planning and for making resolutions so these are good starting points for business blog ideas. People are looking to get fitter, try a new hobby and to get more organised in their personal and business lives.
Whatever you blog about, make sure that you are providing value to your readers who are also hopefully potential clients; help them plan to get ahead in 2016.
Below are a few ideas. If you have any others then feel free to add them in the Comments below.
- How to save money – personal and business
- How to get more organised – everything from setting fitness goals to writing a business plan
- How to learn a language – eg tips on the best phrase books and audiobooks
- How to get fit – perfect at start of year for gym owners and fitness industry businesses
- How to create a marketing strategy – great for marketers and social media consultants
- Legislation changes in 2016 that might affect your industry – are their changes due in 2016?
- Predictions for your industry – what’s going to be hot or not in 2016?
- Share a client’s success story – details how you’ve helped a client to achieve success.
- Recommend blogs/podcasts – publish a list of blogs and podcasts that will be useful in 2016.
- Become better at xxxx in 5 minutes – your readers are short of time so try titles like this one.
- How xxxx will change in 2016 – let your readers know changes that are coming up in 2016.
- 10 top tips for 2016 – readers respond to headings with lists so give them 10 ways to do something better in 2016.
- Prepare your business for 2016 – help people get ready for the new year.
- What are your plans for 2016 – let readers know your own business plans for 2016.
- What did you learn in 2015 – let readers know how your business performed in 2015 and what you learned during the year.
- Interview an industry leader – publish the thoughts of an industry leader, perhaps their predictions for 2016.
- Expand on a social media post – pick a post or tweet that resonated with your fans or followers and develop the theme in a blog post.
Finally, don’t forget the importance of the visual so include lots of photos and preferable video in your blog. Video is great for teaching people how to do stuff, so a great medium for all the ‘how tos’ above.
Don’t forget to watch my #SocialToday show on Periscope every weekday for more help with social media – follow and watch #SocialToday.