Following the launch of Facebook embedded posts – read more on this – below are 10 ways on how you can use this great new feature. Embedded posts mean that you can take Facebook text, photos and videos and place it onto your website or blog where it remains ‘live’. That is, users can interact with a post on your website by Liking, Commenting and Sharing – see example at the bottom of the About page on wearediningclub.co.uk or the one below:
Below are 10 ways of using Facebook embedded posts:
1) Reach people not on Facebook – Yes, there are some! Show off your Facebook content to your website or blog visitors who aren’t on Facebook.
2) Engage visually – Display visual content such as photos and videos.
3) Build your audience – Encourage new Likes but posting a reason to Like your Page eg to enter a competition, obtain a discount and then embed this on your website. Visitors to the website can click the Like button there and then without having to visit Facebook.
4) Enhance customer services – Highlight conversations between you and your customers. For example, if you’ve received a questions on your Facebook Page and have provided an answer useful to others then be helpful to your website visitors by posting it in your Help or FAQ section.
5) Create a reviews page – Publish recommendations and testimonials from clients onto your website.
6) Be a news hub – You can embed any Public posts made from any Facebook Page, not just your own, so share useful news and information from industry leading Facebook Pages.
7) Cross promote – If you’re collaborating with another business on an event or a project then embed their Facebook posts promoting the event or talking about the project on your website and ask them to do the same with your posts.
8) Encourage sign ups – Obtain more subscribers for your newsletter or blog by posting a message to Facebook with a link to your sign up Page, then embed this on your website.
9) Highlight a Facebook app – You can highlight a competition, promo or discount you’re running on a Facebook app. See 5 ways to use Facebook apps for ideas. Include a link to your app in your post.
10) Highlight a Timeline competition – Following the relaxation of Facebook competition rules you can now highlight these competitions on your website.
How do you plan to use embedded posts? Please let me know in the Comments below.