Here’s the recording of this morning’s #SOCIALMEDIASHOW with this week’s social media news plus the usual features:
- Question time – Do you use Twitter Moments as a source of news and information? Let me know in the Comments below.
- Social media tip – Please watch the video below
- Tools talk – LinkedIn’s Job Search App. See below for more info and link.
- My number of the week – 20. The number of vacancies currently available at Snapchat in London.
- What am I drinking? – It was a St Clements. Not vodka and pineapple as Scott Watson suggested in the show!
- And finally – There is now a UK Social Media Hate Map. A charity called Ditch The Label has pinpointed the UK’s angriest towns having analysed 19 million tweets for hateful words and phrases. More on this under Useful links below.
The SHOW is aimed people who work with or who are interested in social media – I hope you enjoy the recording below. The next live SHOW will be on Facebook on Monday 12 December at 9.30am. Please friend or follow me for notifications. Alternatively, select the Live Notifications button at the end of the broadcast.
Useful links from today’s Show
Social media tip
Use hashtags on Twitter and Instagram – You may think you’re using enough hashtags to get your tweets and Instagram posts discovered and to find useful news and information but you’re probably not using enough. Aim for 2 on each tweet and 15 for each Instagram post.
Example of new showcase feature
For an example of the new showcase ‘slideshow’ feature on Pinterest business profiles, check out Burberry. Showcase is coming soon to all business profiles.
The Dream Job Coach’s webinar
Looking for a change of career? Here’s the link to Louise Jenner’s webinar on Tuesday 6 December: http://bit.ly/FREECAREERCHANGEWEBINAR
Facebook Ads Workshop
Do you have a Facebook Page? Learn how to set up and use Facebook Ads at my workshop in Cheltenham on Tuesday 6 December – find out more and book – JUST 3 spaces left!
Advanced Social Media Workshop
If you work in PR, marketing or work with social media, this advanced workshop on Thursday 15 December in Cheltenham is for you. I’m also running this workshop in Cardiff on 12 January, Learn how you can take advantage of the latest trends and new social network features plus lots more – find out more and book.
Social media hate map
Here’s more on the UK’s social media hate map from the Indy – read article.
Feel free to ask me questions on any aspect of social media by posting under this blog post, or by tweeting @intranetfuture.
See you soon on social media!