Please find below the recording of yesterday’s #SocialMediaShow on Facebook Live where I look ahead to 2017 and provide 20 predictions. Some might be familiar, but there are a few original ones in there too as you can see from this list. For more details, please watch the video.
- A large scale hack of a major social network will take place
- Encryption of messaging across social networks will become more popular
- Facebook Page posts will have zero reach unless they are boosted
- There’ll be continued huge growth in Facebook advertisements with revenues reaching $5 billion per month be the end of the year
- Facebook will reach 2 billion users by the Summer
- Consumers will be able to shop directly on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Automated customer services using Artificial Intelligence (AI) will explode
- Facebook will start producing hardware; perhaps spectacles or a phone
- Facebook will buy Twitter
- Google+ will finally disappear
- The Snap Inc (Snapchat) IPO scheduled for the Spring on the NYSE will be a flop
- LinkedIn will see huge changes; desktop redesign plus new functionality like document production (Microsoft Office), webinars and video conferencing
- Posting and tweeting using Alexa and other voice activated services will become popular
- Live video will increasing be used on Facebook, Twitter and perhaps LinkedIn too
- Live audio and podcasting will become very popular
- Social networks will make more use of geolocation services; eg location and communications between businesses and nearby customers
- There’ll be a popular new social network that hasn’t been started yet
- Virtual reality and 360 video posts on Facebook will become commonplace
- Augmented reality will be used by Facebook Messenger’s camera to provide more info on your surroundings
- Facebook will launch a chain of coffee shops
The #SocialMediaShow is aimed people who work with or who are interested in social media. The next show on Facebook will be on Monday 16 January at 9.30am where the discussion will be on the latest new features on social networks. Please friend or follow me for notification of when the broadcast goes live. Alternatively, select the Live Notifications button at the end of the broadcast.
My first public workshop of 2017 is with Louise Jenner – The Dream Job Coach, on 24 January in Cheltenham where we’ll be showing you how to make the most of LinkedIn for you and your business – find out more and book.
Social Media Workshop
If you work with social media, my advanced workshop in Cheltenham on 16 February is for you. Learn how you can take advantage of the latest trends and new social network features plus lots more – find out more and book.
Social Media Predictions for 2016
Read my social media predictions for 2016 and see how they turned out.
Feel free to ask me questions on any aspect of social media by posting under this blog post, or by contacting me.
See you soon on social media!