The great thing about LinkedIn if you are looking to network, recruit staff or obtain leads is that the network’s sole focus is on business. You won’t find any holiday snaps, jokes or posts offering relationship advice on LinkedIn, sometimes called ‘the professionals network’.
Members of LinkedIn are there to do business so here are 5 ways you can obtain leads:
1) Use LinkedIn’s powerful search to find appropriate 2nd tier connections then contact them via an Introduction or InMail if you’re on the business version. With 2nd tier connections you have at least one thing in common – a mutual connection – so this is a good starting point for a conversation when making an approach. More about this in 5 steps to obtaining sales through LinkedIn.
2) Take advantage of the new LinkedIn endorsements by improving your credibility with potential leads. Everytime you receive an endorsement it’s displayed on your connections newsfeed. This make yourself more interesting and visible to potential leads and can encourage visits to your profile. To obtain endorsements simply ask for them. Make sure you give lots of endorsements too – you’ll find that contacts will return the favour.
3) Next time someone is seeking a particular product or service refer a suitable person from your network. You’ll find that people will return the favour and recommend you to potential leads.
4) Use LinkedIn to find suppliers and advisors. There’s an abundance of talent on LinkedIn and you can use LinkedIn Search and its filters to find skilled people that you can retain. You’ll establish working relationships and a stronger network which will result in more leads and sales.
5) Join appropriate LinkedIn Groups and network with members. If you wish to keep up with best practice then you’ll want to join Groups specialising in your industry. But for leads you need to join related Groups. For example, I recently advised sales staff at an engineering company to join Construction and Transport Groups which is where they’d find potential clients. Many businesses can also find leads in Groups for entrepreneurs, small businesses and business leaders.
I can help you get real value from LinkedIn with a 1 hour review and optimisation of your profile which can be done face to face or online. It costs £85. If you’d like to book or find our more please let me know.