Let’s look at some power tips to help you get the most out of your Facebook page which will help you create an online hub that authentically represents your brand and serves your audience.
Let’s dive in! 🚀
- Unique Username: First things first; give your Facebook page a unique web address. It’s neat, tidy, and enhances SEO – both for Facebook and web searches. An easily identifiable username helps people locate your page faster.
- Backup Admin: This is the digital equivalent of “two heads are better than one.” Having more than one admin allows for a broader range of ideas and also acts as a safety net when the main admin is on holiday or maybe even leaves the business (I have so many horror stories where this has happened!).
- Logo as Profile Picture: To bolster your brand identity, add your logo as the profile picture. And here’s a pro tip: add a description to the image. It’s an often-overlooked space for reinforcing your message plus you can add a call to action to encourage people to visit your website.
- Cover Photo Shuffle: A picture speaks a thousand words, and a changing cover photo keeps those words fresh. Regularly updating your cover photo can signal that your brand is dynamic and evolving. And remember that pro tip about adding a description? Use it here too!
- Action Button Switcheroo: Change the action button from ‘Send Message’ to something more relevant like ‘Learn More.’ You get an additional button, and the ‘Send Message’ button stays intact. Win-win!
- About Section: Make this section your best friend. Fill it out with all the necessary details – contact information, a bit about your business, and don’t forget to include key terms. Pro tip: Add clickable web links where possible. It’s a nice way to drive traffic to your website and other social networks.
- Choose the Right Template: Select a template that fits your business needs. If you’re a charity, make sure you’re using the non-profit template.
- Opt for Relevant Tabs: Customise the tabs to reflect what your business offers. If Reviews are not part of your strategy, feel free to remove them. Tailor your page to your audience’s needs.
- Setup a Shop or Services Section: Do you sell products? Consider setting up a Facebook Shop. If you’re in the service industry, fill out the Services section. It’s all about making your offerings clear and accessible.
- Video Playlists: Videos are the reigning champs of engagement! Create playlists on your Video page for better organization and presentation. Don’t forget to add titles and descriptions – more opportunities to reinforce your message and good for SEO.
- Pin a Post: A pinned post acts like a digital billboard at the top of your page. Use this feature to highlight key posts, like special offers or important updates.
- Connect Your Instagram: Integrating your Instagram profile with your Facebook page is a smart move. It facilitates cross-publishing and profile data sharing. It’s all about creating a unified brand experience across platforms.
So there you have it. 12 power tips to optimize your Facebook page. Happy optimizing! 💪🚀
If you have any questions on optimising your Facebook Page or any aspect of social media, please post in the Comments here.
Receive daily social media updates via The Social Daily
Keep in the know by receiving a free daily email with updates on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, WhatsApp and Pinterest plus insights on how your business can benefit.
>>Subscribe now<< – it’s free to receive an email from me every weekday.
If you would like details and a quote for tailor made one-to-one training or an in-house workshop where I’ll demonstrate how you can make the most of social media for your business, organisation or charity, please fill our the form below to get in touch.