For a well known high street shoe retailer, Stead and Simpson surprisingly fails to take advantage of many of the benefits that Twitter offers. Here are 5 ways in which the profile and use of the account can be improved.
1) Add a Twitter header image: The header provides a background area for the Stead and Simpson logo to fit into. Rather than plain black company branding could be used.
2) Add a background design: Another opportunity for company branding is the background which like the header is plain black. Stead and Simpson contact details, website URL and photos of the person/s tweeting on a corporate style background could be added.
3) Tweet more often: Tweets are sporadic with gaps of 5 days or more not uncommon, including a gap of over a week at the end of May. Regular tweets would provide greater exposure for Stead and Simpson.
4) Interact: It appears that there is no conversation; not a single reply to a comment or answers to questions about the brand and its products.
5) Tweet more pictures: People are engaged by photos and images yet these are rare. The last photo was tweeted back in February.
For advice on your Twitter account, come along to one of my public workshops in Cheltenham or book me for an in-house session. I run both a Twitter for Business and Advanced Twitter for Business training sessions.