Here are 5 tips that you can use to make your Facebook Page more effective and help increase your fans and grow your sales. You may not have come across these tips before:
1. Under About add a ‘call to action’ – include a web address eg “Visit our website at www.website.com for exclusive photos.”
2. Add your Twitter account name – add your Twitter URL to the Description or General information section. Hyperlinks are supported so this makes it easy for visitors to find and follow you on Twitter.
3. Create a ‘Welcome Page’ – following the introduction of Timeline there was disappointment at the loss of the Welcome Page. However, there is nothing to stop you linking visitors from your website (or anywhere else) directly to an app where you can welcome them with a special offer or competition.
4. Encourage fans to Message you – you may have noticed a Message button on the top of some Pages. Make sure that yours is enabled and encourage fans to message you. These messages are private so you could use to manage customer service queries.
5. Schedule your posts – by selecting the clock on the bottom left of the “Write something…” field you can date posts in the past but you can also schedule up to 6 months in advance in 10 minute increments. Great for planning your content.
If you have any other ‘secret’ Facebook Page tips please share them in the comments below.