On Monday 15 October’s The #SocialMediaShow, Cardiff based Social Media Trainer, Jonathan Pollinger explains hashtags – what they are, where you should use them, plus 10 different types with examples. Watch the video replay above to learn more about hashtags and how they can help you find great news and information and improve the awareness of your business.
Here are the ten different types of hashtags which are discussed in the show:
1. Business hashtag (sector or product) – eg #engineering #webhosting
2. Brand hashtags – eg #TransportForWales
3. Campaign (Charity campaign or competition) hashtag #PlateupForThePlanet #FreeCheeseFriday
4. Topic/interests/hobbies hashtag – #mentalhealth #yoga
5. Event hashtag – #GlosBizAwards
6. News hashtag – #stormcallum
7. Special day hashtag – #NationalAlbumDay
8. Location hashtags – #Cardiff
9. Emphasis hashtag – #cryingwithlaughter
10. Context hashtag – #choirstillpracticing
The #SocialMediaShow is aimed at people who use social media for business and it’s purpose is to increase your knowledge and improve your use of social media for your business, organisation or charity.
If you have a questions on hashtags or on any aspect of social media please post in the Comments here or on Facebook under the video.
If you would like details and a quote for tailor made one-to-one training or an in-house workshop where I’ll demonstrate how you can make the most of social media for your business, organisation or charity, please get in touch.
Would you like to receive social media updates via WhatsApp?
If you’d like free daily updates on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest plus insights on how your business can benefit, then subscribe to The #SocialMediaDaily a message sent by me every day via WhatsApp.