Here’s how you can move your website higher up the Google Search results by encouraging your readers to share to Google+. The following works when people in the Circles of those who’ve shared on Google+, perform a search using Google. Or to put it another way, when you share a website on Google+ those your connected to on Google will see your website displayed higher in the results. Hopefully, you’re still with me.
Once Google plus Your World launches sharing onto Google+ will almost certainly improve your website ranking for everyone who performs a search. What’s certain is that having a Google+ profile will make your brand more visible. So here’s the 4 step process:
- Set up a Google+ personal profile
- Build your audience by adding people to your Circles and promoting your profile
- Add Google+ share buttons to your website (work best on news articles and blog articles)
- Encourage sharing of your content to Google+
The above even works if you share an article or blog post yourself. You can see how this works by doing the following:
- Connect with me +Jonathan Pollinger on Google+
- Go to google.co.uk and search for ‘Abel and Cole’ (whilst logged into Google)
You’ll probably find that my blog post on Abel and Cole’s Facebook Page is displayed in 3rd or 4th position. So even though the search term contains no reference to Intranet Future or social media you can see that the blog post, because I’ve shared it, appears near the top. Powerful stuff.
To learn more about Google+ and search engine optimisation (SEO) and to learn about how Google+ can help your business in other ways, please attend my next Google+ Masterclass on Wednesday 11 April.