In Monday 3 September’s The #SocialMediaShow, Jonathan Pollinger provides 10 reasons why you should publishing video on social media. The #SocialMediaShow is aimed at people who use social media for business and it’s purpose is to increase your knowledge and improve your use of social media.
Video is big right now and it’s only going to get bigger so get out there start pressing that red button on the camera! Here are 10 reasons why you should publishing video on social media:
1) Video is hugely popular – 100 million hours of video are watched every day on Facebook. According to Cisco, by 2019, video content will be the driving factor behind 85% of search traffic in the US.
2) Video is working for marketers – Of the 41% of marketers who have used Instagram video, 78 percent found it to be an effective strategy. Of the 39% of marketers surveyed who have published video content on Twitter, 70 percent have found Twitter to be an effective strategy.
3) Social network algorithms like video – Put simply, videos receive priority over other type of the content in the News Feed.
4) People engage more with video – On Twitter, a video tweet is 6x more likely to be retweeted than a photo tweet.
5) There are 2 new channels for video – IGTV (Instagram TV) and Facebook Watch.
6) Stories need video and these are hugely popular – Instagram Stories has 100 million more users than Twitter.
7) Great for calls to action – You can use Twitter Media Studio – https://studio.twitter.com to add title, description and embedded link/button.
8) Videos can be showcased on your Facebook Page – you can add a Featured video and Playlists.
9) There are libraries with loads of content plus great editing tools – Check out Promo by Slidely and Facebook’s new Video Creation Kit in the Ad Manager.
10) You can earn money producing videos – you can get paid as an influencer and get paid for producing Facebook Watch videos.
If you have a questions on using video on social media please post in the Comments here or on Facebook under the video. If you would like details and a quote for tailor made training where I’ll demonstrate how you can make the most of social media for your business, organisation or charity, please get in touch.
Would you like daily social media updates?
If you’d like daily updates on Facebook and other social networks plus insights on how your business can benefit, then subscribe to The #SocialMediaDaily a daily message sent via WhatsApp.